Saturday, May 31, 2008

What I've been doing

For those who haven't been paying attention, there has been a bit of discussion about the Global Warming post I wrote earlier. Pat Frank dropped by and responded. I think this is great. He provided extra information here, answered a few questions, and did it all politely (always a plus). Was I wrong in my essay? Perhaps, perhaps not. I am still trying to work it out (and I wouldn't mind some help).

And I've been busy with other stuff too. Look what I made in Mathematica.
It is an image of a top. My program makes it spin! See, I am trying to model an extremely complicated type of motion called "rotation". It's so complicated, I don't know if I should even try to explain it. It involves vectors, tensors, matrices, and differential equations...

Anyways, I am still trying to figure out the global warming thing. Isn't it so much easier to talk about fallacies and reasoning rather than specific examples thereof?

0 comments: