Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another workshop

FYI, I will be doing my workshop "Asexuals: Who are they and why should you care?" at QACon, a Queer and Asian conference at Berkeley at the end of this month.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much I can talk about intersectionality of asexuality and race.  I'm quite sure that there must be some issues there, but because it's a mostly internet-based community, these issues are invisible to me.  I find that issues of race really come to the forefront of any social movement at the conferences, but there are no asexual conferences.

However, I will make some slight adjustments to my talk to discuss general asexual intersectionality, if not specifically asexual/Asian intersectionality.  This adjusted presentation will not appear online, but I'm sure the ideas will eventually percolate into my blog.

After this workshop, I'll have presented at more queer conferences than science conferences.  I wonder if this means something is wrong with my academic life.

0 comments: